Perth Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Perth Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing perth.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Perth for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Perth?
Perth Galleries and Museums
Perth in Western Australia is a treasure trove of art, culture and history which is evidenced by the numerous galleries, museums, and historical sites in the region. Each of these venues has something unique to offer, providing visitors with the opportunity to explore the diverse heritage of Western Australia.
Galleries in Perth
Art galleries in Perth showcase the work of local artists, as well as national and international artists. With several art galleries in the region, art lovers are spoilt for choice. Some of the notable galleries are:
1. Gallery Central: Located at North Metropolitan TAFE in Northbridge, Gallery Central is a contemporary and innovative art gallery that exhibits a diverse range of contemporary art and design exhibitions. It also hosts a variety of talks, events, and workshops.
2. Heathcote Museum and Gallery: Situated on Applecross, Heathcote Museum and Gallery is a heritage-listed site that houses a collection of Australian art, European and Asian ceramics, and a variety of historical artifacts. It also has a beautiful outdoor sculpture park, which is a must-visit.
3. Linton and Kay Galleries: With two galleries in Perth, one located in Subiaco and the other in Perth CBD, Linton and Kay Galleries exhibit contemporary art works from emerging and established artists. They also provide art consulting services for both private and corporate clients.
Museums in Perth
Perth has several museums that take visitors back in time to explore the rich history and culture of Western Australia. Some of the notable museums are:
1. Western Australian Museum: Located in Perth CBD, Western Australian Museum showcases the natural and cultural history of Western Australia. It has several galleries, including the Aboriginal Gallery, Mammal Gallery, Marine Gallery, and many more.
2. Fremantle Prison: Situated in Fremantle, Fremantle Prison was built in the 1850s and remained in use until 1991. It is now a World Heritage Site and museum, which showcases the history of the prison, including the daily life of prisoners and staff.
3. Aviation Heritage Museum: Located in Bull Creek, Aviation Heritage Museum exhibits Western Australia's aviation history and displays aircraft from both military and commercial aviation. It also has a flight simulator experience, which is a popular attraction.
Historical Venues in Perth
Perth has several historical venues that provide a glimpse into the rich history and culture of Western Australia. Some of the notable historical venues are:
1. Perth Mint: Established in 1899, Perth Mint is the oldest operating mint in Australia. It produces gold, silver, and platinum coins and bars, and also offers guided tours and gold-panning experiences.
2. The Round House: Located in Fremantle, The Round House is the oldest public building in Western Australia, built-in 1830. It served as a prison and a courthouse before being converted into a museum in the 20th century.
3. Hyde Park Barracks Museum: Located in Perth CBD, the Hyde Park Barracks Museum was a former convict barracks, built-in 1850. It now houses a museum that displays the history of the site, including the daily life of the convicts, and the conditions they endured.
Perth in Western Australia has a plethora of galleries, museums, and historical sites that showcase the diverse heritage of Western Australia. From contemporary artwork to historical artifacts, and everything in between, Perth has something for everyone. To fully appreciate these venues, visitors must visit and explore each one in detail.
Perth Galleries and Museums Articles